রবিবার, ১৩ জানুয়ারী, ২০১৩

Junior dos Santos claims personal problems at root of poor performance against Cain Velasquez


Posted by Brendhan Conlan on Saturday, January 12, 2013 at 3:30 pm? 5 Comments?

Velasquez v Dos SantosThe Junior dos Santos fans saw a few weeks ago in a heavyweight title-bout with Cain Velasquez at UFC 155 was far from the fighter folks had come to know during the former champion?s run in the organization leading up to the tilt. In the headlining clash, Dos Santos was outclassed in every department, eating strike after strike without ever really returning fire, and suffered a clear-cut Unanimous Decision loss as a result.

Dos Santos was recently asked if he could pinpoint what his problem was in the match-up, and, rather than profess to be at his best, ?Cigano? stated he had a few issues during the bout?s build including some matters in his life outside of the Octagon he wasn?t willing to detail.

?Really it was my head,? said Dos Santos of the lackluster showing in a conversation with Brazilian outlet Nagradedo MMA. ?I had some personal things going on (and) a bit of my attention was lacking because of it.?

?And another thing. Soon after the fight I went to the hospital and had a scan, which showed my creatine level was too high. The normal level is up to 300, mine was in 1400. I also had trouble in the urine and kidneys,? he continued. ?The explanation of the doctors is that I pushed over the line, I over trained, and problems could have happened even before the fight? I was so good that I ended up crossing the line. That was the explanation of doctors. Mine is that I was not good with my head, was having personal problems and did not go well mentally in the fight.?

The heavy-handed striker?s loss to Velasquez was Dos Santos? first since signing with the UFC and snapped a ten-fight winning streak. On the bright side, it was also a learning experience for the 28-year old who concluded, ?Going forward I will be more careful, it will take my body to the limit all the time. I need to know how my body is reacting to what I am doing. We need to be a bit more professional about it. I will do tests during preparation. This fight also taught me that we have to be stronger with the head, think things strategy and better monitor the tactical part.?

PHOTO CREDIT ? UFC

Brendhan Conlan is A VETERAN WRITER AND EDITOR AT FIVEOUNCESOFPAIN.COM BRINGING NEWS, INSIGHT, AND OPINION TO READERS ON A REGULAR BASIS. MAKE SURE TO CHECK HIM OUT ON TWITTER AT BRENCONLANMMA!
| All posts by Brendhan Conlan

Source: http://fiveouncesofpain.com/2013/01/12/junior-dos-santos-claims-personal-problems-at-root-of-poor-performance-against-cain-velasquez/

gizmodo cnet iPhone 5 9-11 Chris Brown Tattoo Innocence of Muslims Clara Schumann

কোন মন্তব্য নেই:

একটি মন্তব্য পোস্ট করুন